Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- May not exceed 5,000 words.
- Text submissions must be in .doc format/Word document.
- Proper use of 16th edition Chicago Manual of Style author-date citations—for questions refer to Chicago Manual of Style website: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html
- Images should be submitted as separate files, never embedded in the main text document.
- No images submitted without a text description and/or discussion.
- Only original images or those labelled for reuse—for questions on ethical use of images, please refer to Library’s Ethical Use of Images page: http://libguides.reed.edu/c.php?g=338371&p=2668059
- If human subjects are central to the work, approval by Reed’s IRB committee is required—for questions refer to FAQ.
- For multimedia content, such as video, audio, still images and interactive media, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure that your files can be uploaded and published before submitting them. Radicle has limited hosting space for multimedia content, so some files may need to be resized or compressed before publication.
- Authors are responsible for removing all self-identifying traces in their files, including content and metadata, to ensure blind peer review.